11.05.2006

Copper attracts lightning

Hey all you faithful readers out there.
I love watching my 'views' count go up, and yet, no comments. It's like seeing an empty "take a penny, leave a penny" tray.
Well, here's my two cents worth. Toss 'em into the well, make a wish.
(BTW, I wrote this following Jim Simmerman's "20 Little Poetry Projects" idea, which is why there are numbers. Ask me if you want the guide list...)

Pop Song
Trust is a bubble1
blown from the inside.12
Snowflake on the tongue,
tastes like music that won't stop.4, 3
Confidence is
the last stop of limerence11, 8
Bubbles burst because I exist.9
But you can't see what never were.3, 10
You don't have a lap when you stand.17, 7
Even James Randi can't sniff out that trick.3, 5
Feel the glossy sphere that you made,3
a net, or possibly a screen.
When you pay attention,2
caveat emptor.2, 18
You can always hear3
bubbles being filled for free.
Bubbles are not yours--6
right now, eager solution in a bottle,16
an unopened can with dreams.19
the effervescent kind, doesn't go flat.13
And it will be filled with the same breath15
that made nothing-man from dust14
when He knows you're ready.
Don't worry, just listen.20

0 comments: