6.30.2008

a to z

OK, I just started going with this, and since it’s free-association and stream-of-consciousness, I’m sharing its (and my) weirdness.

If you start to think about it, I know you'll agree
God made your heart the way it's supposed to be,
it's not some mass-stamped starch candy
in a cellophane mosh-pit, reduced to debris.
Mine’s a cornucopia you cannot empty
a restaurant where all the food’s free
...yet an open net, without a goalie;
I could block shots, but then never be happy --
rather let a few get by, than stand idly.
red heart emblem on my team jersey
with a lock around it, try your key
if the teeth fit, it’ll turn, most likely
give me a ‘yes’ or ‘no’, not an implied ‘maybe’
I’ll try to shoulder it nobly
though I’ve blown some good opportunities
...like jay-walking through the French Grand Prix
you have to move quickly
or you get caught up in the final rally
searching for that overlooked blue coupe named Sally
...as I pine like a tree,
things get sappy, unfortunately.
But I know Who’s shared His ultimate victory,
and I trust Him to make my ‘I’ into a ‘we’ --
I’ll be right on time, ‘xactly.
we’ll praise Him daily, monthly, yearly
for bringing us from a to z

1 comments:

Pensador said...

wow, you're good

wow, you're good

wow, you're good