6.02.2010

España 6/02/10 (part 1)

(all the times will be Spain time; 9 hrs ahead)

Wow. I feel like I haven’t written anything in forever. Chalk it up to business, the murder mystery, and a few cranks on the ol’ cardiac tourniquet.
Just flew over Disneyland. It looks like it would be a good day to be there. Last time I was there I was texting “knock knock” jokes. Quite unique. Yes, I did just write a sentence fragment featuring two ‘q’ words. Hmm. I could sure go for some warm Mission tortillas, too.

One of our flight attendants (initials K.M.) was crying next to the ticket counter right before we checked our bags. She’d lost her bag of personal stuff and was many thousands of miles from home without it. She's a totally German blonde with a pleasant demeanor; looks somewhere between my friend Laura S. and Amy Poehler. Her face looked taut and worriless, and the wrinkling and folding of the her face when she stared to cry seemed like it was hurting her even worse. Poor girl. I’m glad she had a fellow flight attendant with her, otherwise I would have had to give her some airport chocolate and a bear hug. (p.s. another employee found her stuff before takeoff; very cool)
This is such a different team from last year. Half girls, not a bunch of tough blue collar cops and construction workers. I miss those guys. I should look 'em up.
This window seat is great; I hope I don’t have to crawl out, though.



Every word I write runs through my head sounding like Joel Barish. Can he be the one to read my audio book? As I try to remember / doodle a painting of Clementine, I really wish I were better at drawing. Maybe after the half-marathon, yeah?

0 comments: