5.10.2009

5/10/09


Left Malawi, and pretty much all I packed behind. This morning, a few of us went to church in the village. It was good to see those guys one last, time, give ‘em hugs, and worship with them. So many smiling kids, too. I wonder when I’ll be called “azungu” again...

At IBF, a new set of locks meant the staff were locked out of the sound room... so we had an acoustic morning. ( -:
Brian preached on Annias and Sapphira, and the proper way to give, and how to do it with the right motives. It’s not the amount that matters, it’s the heart of the giver.
We all got out of there quick, and a few of us rode with the Dinerts to the airport. The flight took off on time, and we’re now drinking our last Malawian Fantas in tiny airline cans. Chris is the man. He sits the same on a plane as he does on a boat, in a car, or at dinner. There’s something Pauline about that, I think.
We’re going to Carnivore for dinner, so I gave Chris my entrée, and he gave me his dessert... mmm... canned strawberry shortcake... I’m tired and my pants are too loose.


(a running gag from Braveheart)

Servant: An excellent idea, sire...
King Edward (Longshanks): IS IT?!

0 comments: