5.01.2009

5/01/09


Stomach ache this AM... probably from the fish and pop, or the gift-horse chocolate cake last night. I could crunch the grains of sugar in it. Not Stevie’s cooking. By the way, Stevie is a native Malawian, and one of Brian’s employees... he’s been trained by Anita to cook and clean in Western (or ZA) style -- he follows recipes from the classic Betty Crocker cookbook very well. It’s amazing to have huge meals that I’ve heard of for every meal. So cool. We all love Stevie.
Oh, and (mainly) Lukas and I hung the rest of Brian’s pictures. I helped out with some financial stuff -- inputting receipts, etc. I installed and imported stuff for Anita’s laptop, and ran the STM donation push remotely from Malawi. Oh, yeah -- RDP from a different continent, baby! Geek on!
I’m totally the Josh Wade of this year’s trip. It’s actually comfortable.
As I said to a few of the guys: “It is a good thing to have citizenship in the imagi_nation_”
Brian’s implied challenge to us: is your effect the same as a finger in water? Remove the finger, and the water just closes in.
Dan’s a cool guy; I love hearing cop stories. I bet Danny and Justin could do a PSA just as easy as doing an infomercial, or a sitcom.

[Carl proceeds to write an end-line rhyme poem that’s too... corny to share]
Oh my weerrd. Why, Carl, why?

0 comments: