8.03.2010

fear (day 3)

Peter Parker: You don't trust anyone, that's your problem.
J. Jonah Jameson: I trust my barber.


Day 3. change / haircut.

Despite the (eventual) baldness I’ve inherited, I’ve kind of been picky about my hair. Never wanted a comb-over, but I liked having some length. I’ve gotten the same haircut for almost 10 years. (number 5 on the sides, and about an inch off the top, no line in the back... ).
So, I went to Supercuts, and the haircutter lady asked me what I wanted. I asked what she thought I should get. She suggested a number 5 all over, and then a little shorter (4?) on the sides. She showed me the length my hair would be, and I felt the fight-or-flight tingle. And I said “go for it.”
It doesn’t look too bad. It’s surprised me a couple times in the mirror, but I think I could get used to taking suggestions that scare me.

0 comments: