8.04.2010

fear (day 4)

Never let the fear of striking out get in your way. -- Babe Ruth

Day 4. Soccer.

Not just soccer; park night soccer, with and against guys who are way better and more aggressive than I am.
Talked about it. Worried that I would get hurt; wondered if I would get busted up enough that I couldn’t run. Scared? Yeah.
So I went for it.
First thing I did was inadvertently bounce the ball off my hand. I was able to steal the ball a couple times, probably because I don’t (look like I) know what was going on. Took a bounce off the head, and kept going. Got a goal-speed-kicked ball into my jaw and neck. Kept playing. Wincing, but still in.
My face still hurts, and my toes feel like they’ve got rugburn, but it was fun, and I’m ready for something else. Something a bit more cerebral, though.

0 comments: